Thank you for purchasing Hangsin series gear motor and speed reducers. Please refer to this instruction manual for relevant installation information before usage.
- Please check to ensure the product model, motor power, motor voltage rating, installation method, reduction ratio and the output shaft size meet your requirements. Contact your distributor immediately about any discrepancies.
- If there is a rubber plug on the gear box, it is necessary to unplug the small yellow rubber plug on the top of it. Otherwise, users run the risk of oil leaks after long term, continuous operation.
- Do not use this gear motor in explosive environments, flammable gas environments, corrosive environments, or damp environments.
- Do not bend, pull or clip the power, cable or motor wires.
- After the motor has been installed, the ground wire must be well grounded and the grounding wire must be located above the junction box.
- Installation, connection and inspection shall be carried out by professional technicians.
- The installation environment must be dry and well ventilated, with a recommended ambient temperature of -5°C-40°C. If it is to be used in areas with unusually high or low temperature environments, please make a special note of that before customization.
- The speed reduction gear motor needs to be mounted on flat and solid base.
- It is possible to shut down the motor accompanied with a reduction or anomaly output torque if the power supply voltage fluctuates more than 10%.
- It is possible to shut down the motor if overloaded. Please test the motor current for the first time to make sure it is in the rated current value.
- Sometimes the surface temperature of the motor will exceed 70°C even during normal operation. If there is a possibility of approaching the running motor, please place a warning “high temperature” notice in a clearly visible area within the motor vicinity.
- If the motor is reversed, the single-phase motor is adjusted according to the wiring diagram; the three-phase motor only needs to transfer two relative to the power line.
- When connecting the output shaft with the coupling, please make sure it’s fixed and the two shafts are parallel. The base shall be installed with bolts attached to the installation aperture to ensure that the speed reduction gear motor is tight.
- All equipment installed on the output shaft must be lightly mounted. Do not use hammers or other blunt instruments to knock the output shaft, and thus avoid bearing damage caused by installation that is too tight.
- The pulley, sprocket, or gear should be as close to the output bearing as possible during assembly to reduce the bending stress. The sprocket and pulley connected to the output shaft should be no more than 6 times the diameter of the output shaft. Please use the H7 tolerance to avoid abnormal noise or damage to the shaft surface.
- When the installation is complete, apply appropriate rust prevention oil or rust prevention paint to the surface of the output shaft to avoid rust.
- Select the appropriate wiring mode to connect the wiring in the motor cable box, based on the power supply voltage. Faulty wiring in the wiring box will cause the motor to shut down. According to the rated current on the motor nameplate, it is recommended users choose the right size cable to power the motor with a current density of 5A/mm2.
- When using the frequency inverter to power the speed reduction gear motor with brake function, the brake line (yellow) should be independently powered by AC 220V power supply, and it should be synchronized with the speed reduction gear motor power supply.
- The gear box for the gear reduction motor has been filled with suitable lubrication. Please do not add more before use. After more than 10,000 hours of normal use, an appropriate amount of No.0 lubricant can be added.
- After the installation is completed, check again whether the mounting surface of the gear reduction motor is flat, and make sure that no items can be mounted to the motor, otherwise the motor will be burnt down.
Matters needing attention:
- Please select the standard frame number speed reduction gear motor. If selecting the mini speed reduction gear motor for special reasons, the load must be lower than normal.
- The mini speed reduction gear motor has a one-year warranty on the motor coil part only, and no warranty on the gear box. If the coil is damaged through gear box damage, we will charge maintenance costs.
- The standard frame number speed reduction gear motor has one-year warranty after delivery. We will charge the maintenance cost if the damages are caused by customer disassembly or overload.